Spanish, English, French
- Law, Universidad Católica del Ecuador, 1994
- Master of Law (LLM), Cambridge University, 1995
- Validation of the law degree in Colombia, 1998
- PhD in Law, Cambridge University, 2000
- Deepening Course in Taxation, Javeriana University – CCB PriceWaterhouseCoopers, 2001
- Translator and official interpreter, National University, 2009
- Specialist Mining and Energy Law, Externado University of Colombia, 2011
- Peña Mancero Abogados, Co-founder, 2010 to date
- Cavelier Abogados, Head Department of Business Law, 1997 – 2010
- Bermeo & Bermeo Law Firm, Associate Attorney, 1990-1994
Teaching Experience – Externado University of Colombia
- Research Group on Mining and Energy Law – Externado University of Colombia, 2010 to date.
- Chair: Competition Law and Comparative Law in the Energy Sector – Externado University of Colombia, 2010 to date.
- Chair: Corporate Law, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, 2010-2011.
Scholarships and Awards
Name Institution Date
Evan Lewis-Thomas (Ph.D) Sidney Sussex College Cambridge 1996-1999
Chevening Award (Master) Foreign and Commonwealth Office 1995-1996
British Council Ecuador
Chambers & Partners Named one of the leading corporate law 2005-2017 2017 mergers and acquisitions
- Colombian Mining and Oil Bar Association
- Colombo-Ecuadorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry