+(57) 601 3000 222
Lawyer from Externado University of Colombia with a master’s degree in law from the University of London , who has also studied in Grenoble, France as well as carrying out more in-depth studies in the Hague. Daniel has almost twenty years of recent experience as a partner of one of the most recognized law firms in Colombia in the area of arbitration and litigation, intellectual property, telecommunications, media and technology. He is an arbitrator of the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá and the Chamber of Commerce of Medellín, the World Intellectual Property Organization, the National Arbitration Forum and an undergraduate and graduate professor at the Externado University of Colombia.
- Externado University of Colombia, 1991.
- Diplome d’Etudes Superieurs, Especialisés (DESS) in Intellectual Property, Commercial Contracts and Law of New Technologies, CUERPI, Universite Pierre Mendes,
- Grenoble – France 1993-1994.
- Master of Law (LL.M.) Commercial and Information Technology, University College London (UCL), University of London, 1998-1999.
- Course on Private International Law, The Hague Academy of International Law. 1997.
- Course on International Commercial Arbitration, School of International Arbitration of the Chamber of Commerce of Bogota – Solventia Foundation, 2010.
- Peña Mancero Abogados, Co-founder, 2010 to date
- Cavelier Abogados, Partner, Head Department of Information Technology 1997-2009.
- Cavelier Abogados, Associate Lawyer 1994-1997.
- Cavelier Abogados, Legal Assistant 1991-1993.
- National Institute of Industrial Property of France (INPI), Lyon – France, Legal Practice in the area of industrial property.
Teaching experience – Externado University of Colombia
- Electronic commerce and Internet regulation, Department of telecommunications law
- Electronic Commerce, specializing in Management and Telecommunications Management, Department of telecommunications law in association with the Andean Simon Bolivar University
- Electronic business, International procurement in Information Technology, Department of Business Law
- Copyright (sources) new technologies (computer programs, multimedia, databases, domain names,) internet and intellectual property contracts, Department of Copyright,
- Industrial Property and New Technologies
- Liability in the digital age, Department of Civil Law
- Taxes on intangible assets (Masters), Department of Tax Law
- Legal Aspects of Electronic Banking, Department of Financial Law
- Electronic Public Procurement, Department of Administrative Law
- Undergraduate Professor of Intensification of New Technologies, Faculty of Law.
- Director of Research Group on e-commerce, e-procurement and Internet contracts.
- The research group has published several articles in professional journals as well as two volumes: Contract for the design, development and hosting of a website and Electronic contracts
- Digital Information Society
- The research group has been endorsed by Colciencias for academic excellence.
Intellectual Property aw
- Director of research group on the liability of Internet Service Providers.
- Director of research group on the impact of “Open Source”.
- Director of research group on liability for peer-to-peer file sharing of music files
- ARBITRATION AND CONCILIATION CENTER WIPO Panelist for internet domain name disputes, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Geneva, Switzerland, 2001
- Center for Conciliation and Arbitration, National Retail Federation, FENALCO, Bogotá, Colombia, 2000
- ARBITRATION AND CONCILIATION CENTER WIPO arbitrator in intellectual property, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Geneva, Switzerland, 2000
- National Arbitration Forum, Panelist for Internet domain name disputes, 2002
- CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF BOGOTA, Arbitration and Conciliation, 2003
- Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism. Proposal for Regulation of Electronic Billing, 2004
- IDB – Role of remittances in mortgaged home purchases, 2007
- Invest in Bogota, Regulation of Medical Devices – Incentives for Foreign Investment 2008