Oil and Gas Law
Our practice includes the following activities:
- Due diligence and audit of legal processes
- Submission of documents and monitoring of proceedings before government agencies.
- Structuring of investment plans (including the choice of the most suitable corporate and contractual arrangements for the operation).
- Drafting, negotiation and implementation of contracts (E & P, Farmout, JOA, participation and investment agreements, among others). Legal assistance at all stages of production (upstream, middle stream and downstream).
- Preparation of environmental studies and compliance with requirements related to minorities and indigenous communities in order to obtain the relevant environmental permits.
- Environmental monitoring and compliance during project planning, implementation and abandonment.
- Land management including interaction and negotiation with owners, occupants and other users.
- Legal assistance in all labor and social security matters.
- Advice on fiscal and foreign exchange issues.
- Foreign trade (import and export of machinery and equipment).
- Legal advice for the development of infrastructure and construction projects.
- Resolution of disputes (arbitration and litigation) in all areas of law related to the oil and gas sector.
- Advice on the design and implementation of corporate social responsibility policies.
Mergers and acquisitions in the sector.
Our area of practice in mergers and acquisitions specializes in the legal accompaniment of national and international operations of acquisition of shares, acquisition of assets, amalgamations, mergers, spin-offs, strategic alliances, business collaboration agreements and, in general, any reorganization or business integration
We provide comprehensive advice on all aspects of operations and have been internationally recognized as leaders in this area.
National Customs Direction (dian) allows anticipated voluntary monthly payments of income tax for hydrocarbons and mining products
Last November 22, The National Customs Direction (DIAN) implemented the possibility to make anticipated voluntary provisional monthly payments of the income tax in the hydrocarbons and mining products sector through Decree 2146 of 2018. Taxpayers of this sector who...
The Constitutional Court annuls popular referendum and opens the door for hydrocarbon exploration
By Peña Mancero Abogados After a vote of 5-1 the Constitutional Court in full annulled the popular referendum organized by the population of Cumaral, Meta last june 2016 at the moment when a project of hydrocarbon exploration by Mansarovar Energy was about to begin ....