Legal advice on matters related to electric power (conventional and alternative) and renewable energies in the following activities:
- Due diligence.
- Representation in regulatory matters and in administrative proceedings before the Superintendence of Public Utilities.
- Legal assistance in transactions related to the financing of infrastructure projects, international bids for acquisitions, settlement of infrastructure projects and negotiations of public concessions and reversals
- Representation of clients in mergers and acquisitions or “joint ventures” in the sector.
- Representation of clients in the selection of contractors and other bidding processes developed by state agencies, including structuring of projects, preparation of public tenders and due diligences.
- Assistance in the negotiation and conclusion of supply contracts.
- Legal assistance related to tariff regulations.
- Advice on regulatory issues regarding the Commission of Regulation and Energy and Gas (CREG) and the Ministry of Mines and Energy.
New Measures to Control Energy Prices in Colombia
On September 16, 2022 the government announced the following specific measures, to be implemented as of November 2022, to contrul the rising prices resulting from workshops with different actors in the sector: Draft resulution 701 017, for a 12-month period....
One step closer to Energy Transition in Colombia
The Colombian Senate has passed Bill 365 of 2020 establishing new mechanisms and goals for energy transition in the country and aiming at a safe way to transition from traditional energy sources to the use of renewable resources. The three main pillars of Law 365 of...