Protection of Personal Data and Privacy
- Compliance audits with the rules of data protection and privacy.
- Legal compliance with collection schemes and cross-border transmission of personal data.
- Review of collection schemes, treatment and processing of personal information.
- Compliance with sectorial data protection rules for financial institutions and commercial intermediaries.
- Review of terms and conditions and contracts of use and sale of personal data.
- Design of corporate policies on the management of personal data of customers, suppliers and employees.
- Registration of databases that include personal data with the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce
PUBLICACIONES DEL AREA
New Rules on Data Protection
Through Decree 255 (23 February 2022), the Colombian government has issued the following new binding corporate rules regarding data protection: Binding Corporate Rules (“BCR”) are policies, corporate governance principles or good business practices of mandatory...
Guidelines for the treatment of personal data in artificial intelligence
By: María del Pilar Duplat – Peña Mancero Abogados In June 2019, the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce (hereinafter “SIC”) issued its Guidelines for the treatment of personal data through Artificial Intelligence (AI). Purpose of the Guidelines The guidelines...